But before we get to it, here are some news snips that’ll make you go hmmm!
- Apple is sitting on so much cash that if it decided to distribute it all as dividends, each shareholder will get $112 per share! Apple sadly, doesn’t pay dividends
- SOPA, the draconian copyright law failed as lawmakers bailed leaving the architect of SOPA, Lamar Smith fuming. A small victory for the masses
- If infidelity is your thing, you should try running for president! Just ask Bill Clinton, Herman Cain or Newt Gingrich!
- The good news at Research-In-Motion, the makers of Blackberry phones, is that the CEOs have stepped down. (Yes, RIM needed two CEOs to keep it running). The bad news is the new CEO had this to say after assessing the threats RIM was facing from Apple, Nokia and Microsoft: “I don’t think that there is drastic change needed”
- This lender will lend you $1,500 for just 234.25% APR. You don’t have to compare payday loans to see if that is a good deal!
Now for some good reads!
TheFreeFinancialAdvisor with 5 Jaw-Dropping Financial Advisor Interview Questions. Informative read!
Crystal@BudgetingInTheFunStuff, who makes a living blogging, with an excellent piece – Don’t sell yourself short!
Ashley@MoneyTalks with: Your Money is Like an Unruly Child. Find out why!
A back-to-the-basics post at WorldOfFinance aptly titled, What is personal finance?
We all have good and bad roommate stories! But is the savings worth the hassle? Check out Jeffrey’s post!
Green Panda@Greenpandatreehouse with Are Investment Risks Not Worth Taking?. Sane advice.
Unless you are a celebrity, you don’t talk about this, but always good to know! MomVesting with Prenups!
Daniel@SweatingTheBigStuff asks: Should Tax Evaders Be Given A Safe Haven? What do you think?
101Centavos with a fun post : Redneck Dividends
Barb@BarbaraFriedbergPersonalFinance with Enjoy Life and Make Money-part 1. They can go hand-in-hand!
Joe@RetireBy40 with a post on how well they have finances under control compared to averages.
Novel Investor has the solution to The U.S. Debt Problem!
LaTisha with an excellent piece: How to Write a Job Getting Resume
A very nice post from Shilpan@StreetSmartFinance: 3 Must Money Lessons for Smart Investors
CashFlowMantra gives an update on his efforts to eliminate PMI…
Bret@HopeToProper with an intriguing post Where Would You Invest a Million Dollars?
Mich@BeatingTheIndex gives an update on his portfolio for 2011. Before ye judge, look at Mich’s 2010 returns!
FinancialGod with a thought-provoking post: The Role of Money in the Financial Crisis
Ken@ArborInvestmentPlannerBlog presents Six Top Global Investment Trends for Your Portfolio in 2012
SixFigureInvestor with some practical tips on where to stash your cash today.
Posts from my blog were featured in the following carnivals. Thanks!
Thanks for reading!